The software requires an Internet connection to function.
This End User License Agreement, including any order form that you use to order the service (this “Agreement“), is a binding agreement between Ad Remover (“Licensor“) and the person or entity identified on the order form as the licensee of the Software (“Licensee“).
NO LICENSE IS GRANTED UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY RIGHT, CONCERNING ANY SOFTWARE THAT LICENSEE DID NOT ACQUIRE LAWFULLY OR THAT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE, AUTHORIZED COPY OF LICENSOR’S SOFTWARE.
2.1 The Software includes some software programs that are licensed (or sublicensed) to the user under the GNU General Public License (GPL) or other similar free software licenses which, among other rights, permit the user to copy, modify and redistribute certain programs, or portions thereof, and have access to the source code (“Open Source Software”). Specifically, the software included in this product contains copyrighted software that is licensed under the GPLv3. A copy of that license is included in the product. If such licenses require that for any software, that the source code also be made available to those users, then the source code should be made available for a period of three years after our last provision of the product by sending the request to email@example.com. If any Open Source Software licenses require that the Rightholder provide rights to use, copy or modify an Open Source Software program that are broader than the rights granted in this Agreement, then such rights shall take precedence over the rights and restrictions herein.
2.2 AdRemover also includes the EasyList repository created by "The EasyList authors (https://easylist.to/)". Unless otherwise noted, the contents of the EasyList repository (https://github.com/easylist) is dual licensed under the GNU General Public License version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version, and Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported, or (at your option) any later version. You may use and/or modify the files as permitted by either license; if required, "The EasyList authors (https://easylist.to/)" should be attributed as the source of the material. All relevant license files are included in the repository.
3. Use Restrictions-- Licensee shall not directly or indirectly: remove, delete, alter or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices provided on or with the Software, or; use the Software in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair Licensor’s online services; use the Software in violation of any law, regulation or rule; or use the Software for purposes of competitive analysis of the Software, the development of a competing software product or service or any other purpose that is to the Licensor’s commercial disadvantage.
4. Responsibility for Use of Software-- Licensee is responsible and liable for all uses of the Software through access thereto provided by Licensee, directly or indirectly.
6. Intellectual Property Rights-- Licensee acknowledges and agrees that the Software is provided under license, and not sold, to Licensee. Licensee does not acquire any ownership interest in the Software under this Agreement, or any other rights thereto other than to use the same in accordance with the license granted, and subject to all terms, conditions and restrictions, under this Agreement. Licensor reserves and shall retain its entire right, title and interest in and to the Software and all intellectual property rights arising out of or relating to the Software, except as expressly granted to the Licensee in this Agreement. Licensee shall safeguard all Software (including all copies thereof) from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse or unauthorized access.
7. Term and Termination • This Agreement and the license granted hereunder is effective for (a) the duration of free trial subscriptions, after which Licensee may choose to extend the Agreement with a subscription plan or sponsored programs offered by Licensor; and (b) the term of the subscription for subscription plans, automatically renewing, and shall remain in effect until terminated as set forth herein (collectively, the “Term”).
• Licensee may terminate this Agreement by contacting a Licensor representative.
• Licensor may terminate this Agreement, effective upon written notice to Licensee, at any time and for any or no reason.
• Upon expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement, the license granted hereunder shall also terminate, and Licensee shall cease using and destroy all copies of the Software. No expiration or termination shall affect Licensee’s obligation to pay all fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination, or entitle Licensee to any refund.
8. Warranties • Licensor shall use commercially reasonable efforts consistent with prevailing industry standards to provide that Licensee will be able to browse internet web pages without seeing the majority of advertisements normally found on those internet web pages for the period stated with Licensee’s purchase or for as long as the search-supported option requirements are met. Licensor does not guarantee that every ad on every web site will be blocked, only that the majority of them will be. Licensee’s remedy for defects in the service shall be for Licensor to use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly correct such defects. • Licensee represents and warrants that its use of the Software will be in strict accordance with this Agreement and with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in Licensee’s country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which Licensee resides).
9. Warranty Disclaimer-- THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED TO LICENSEE “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, LICENSOR, ON ITS OWN BEHALF AND ON BEHALF OF ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. WITHOUT LIMITATION TO THE FOREGOING, THE LICENSOR PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE SOFTWARE WILL MEET THE LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR FREE OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED.
10. Limitation of Liability-- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW: IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY USE, INTERRUPTION, DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, LOST REVENUES OR PROFITS, DELAYS, INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF SERVICES, BUSINESS OR GOODWILL, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, LOSS RESULTING FROM SYSTEM OR SYSTEM SERVICE FAILURE, MALFUNCTION OR SHUTDOWN, FAILURE TO ACCURATELY TRANSFER, READ OR TRANSMIT INFORMATION, FAILURE TO UPDATE OR PROVIDE CORRECT INFORMATION, SYSTEM INCOMPATIBILITY OR PROVISION OF INCORRECT COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION OR BREACHES IN SYSTEM SECURITY, OR FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, EXEMPLARY, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE AND WHETHER OR NOT THE LICENSOR WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR’S AND ITS AFFILIATES’, INCLUDING ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS’ AND SERVICE PROVIDERS’, COLLECTIVE AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ITS SUBJECT MATTER, UNDER ANY LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY AND OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO THE LICENSOR PURSUANT TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR UP TO TWELVE (12) MONTHS OF THE SPECIFIC SERVICES THAT IS OR ARE THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM.
11. LICENSEE AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS LICENSOR, ITS CONTRACTORS, AND ITS LICENSORS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES, ARISING OUT OF ITS MISUSE OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO OUT OF ITS VIOLATION THIS AGREEMENT.
12. Export Regulation-- The Software may be subject to US export control laws, including the US Export Administration Act and its associated regulations. The Licensee shall not, directly or indirectly, export, re-export or release the Software to, or make the Software accessible from, any jurisdiction or country to which export, re-export or release is prohibited by law, rule or regulation. The Licensee shall comply with all applicable federal laws, regulations and rules, and complete all required undertakings (including obtaining any necessary export license or other governmental approval), prior to exporting, re-exporting, releasing or otherwise making the Software available outside the US.
US Government Rights. The Software is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if the Licensee is the US Government or any contractor therefor, Licensee shall receive only those rights with respect to the Software as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.
13. Miscellaneous • This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Texas without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule that would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Texas. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of this Agreement or the licenses granted hereunder may be instituted in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Texas, and each party irrevocably submits to the jurisdiction of such courts in any such suit, action or proceeding. Service of process, summons, notice or other document by mail to such party’s address set forth herein shall be effective service of process for any suit, action or other proceeding brought in any such court.
• Licensor will not be responsible or liable to Licensee, or deemed in default or breach hereunder by reason of any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder where such failure or delay is due to strikes, labor disputes, civil disturbances, riot, rebellion, invasion, epidemic, hostilities, war, terrorist attack, embargo, natural disaster, acts of God, flood, fire, sabotage, fluctuations or non-availability of electrical power, heat, light, air conditioning or Licensee equipment, loss and destruction of property or any other circumstances or causes beyond Licensor’s reasonable control.
• Licensee shall not assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law or otherwise, without Licensor’s prior written consent, which consent Licensor may give or withhold in its sole discretion. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
• This Agreement is for the sole benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and permitted assigns and nothing herein, express or implied, is intended to or shall confer on any other person any legal or equitable right, benefit or remedy of any nature whatsoever under or by reason of this Agreement.
• This Agreement may only be amended, modified or supplemented by an agreement in writing signed by each party hereto. No waiver by any party of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power or privilege.
• If any term or provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction, such invalidity, illegality or unenforceability shall not affect any other term or provision of this Agreement or invalidate or render unenforceable such term or provision in any other jurisdiction.
LICENSEE AGREES TO THIS AGREEMENT ELECTRONICALLY. LICENSEE AUTHORIZES LICENSOR TO PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION AND NOTICES REGARDING THE SOFTWARE IN ELECTRONIC FORM. LICENSOR MAY PROVIDE NOTICES TO LICENSEE (1) VIA E-MAIL; (2) ON THIS PAGE OR A SIMILAR PAGE OF THE SITE; OR (3) VIA THE SOFTWARE. The delivery of any notice is effective when sent or posted, regardless of whether you read the notice or actually receive the delivery. It is your responsibility to check this agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Software following the posting of any changes to this agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. You can withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically by discontinuing your use of the Software.